Holi skin care
1. Coat your hairs with a gentle light oil like almond oil so that the colours do not penetrate the shaft of the hairs.
2. For the face, use moisturising lotion and protect with sunscreen with an SPF more than 30.
3. Remember to use a good moisturising lotion or cream all over the body. Rub a generous amount into the drier areas like elbows, knees where dry skin can accumulate more color. This forms a protective barrier on the skin to prevent the penetration of colors
4. Protect your lips and nails also by coating with a petroleum jelly or lip balm. Also dab on a cuticle oil or sweet almond oil over the nails.
After you play
1. Cleanse gently using circular upward massaging strokes. You may use an oil-based cleanser to get rid of the colors.
2. Always moisturise skin and use an effective sunscreen.
3. Wash the hair thoroughly and use a deep, softening conditioner. Avoid harsh hair treatments and use minimal heat styling.
4. Prepare your own deep conditioning hair mask by mixing a ripe avocado with a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of honey. Apply it to the hair and allow it to sit for 30 mins. Rinse this off with shampoo.
5. Avoid blow-dryers and straightening irons for the day.
6. For the body, use a lotion after your shower.
7. Hydrate the cuticles and use a lip balm on your lips.